Monday, April 12, 2010

Strong inspired women pay it forward

Today I am dedicating my blog to the Inspire Fitness Ride Angels, Sherry, Sondra, Peggy, Jean, Youngmin, Emi, and Carla.  For the last 12 weeks I was privileged enough to train a group of women to ride the Cinderella Classic Metric Century (65 miles) and Saturday was the big "dance".  For me, it's always a bit bittersweet to see this day come as it's the end of such a wonderful journey but it also signifies the beginning of many more fun rides and training for all of these women.

Some women came into the training with little to no road experience, others had ridden on the road but not a lot of organized group rides, and some had a lot of road experience.  What was most rewarding for me is that I encouraged the "pay it forward" idea and asked that our veteran riders come back and be mentors or "ride angels" more appropriately :).  I had a group of 10 amazing, strong, inspiring Ride Angels this year that stepped forward and took on the challenge. Each and every one of them found a buddy to mentor and each one of them experienced the joy of mentoring and paying their lessons they learned forward.  This is what makes training women so very special to me and I think I've said before and I geniuinely mean it, that I get as much joy from watching these women become mentors as I do in training them.  There were no diva attitudes, no egos, but always a warm open inviting attitude and a caring spirit that spoke volumes to the new women.

I'm enclosing just a few pics from our windy, chilly but super fun day at the Cinderella.Cinderella Inspire Fitness Gallery of photos

No comments:

Post a Comment